The development of custom SNMP agents has become an urgent task with the growing demands of large networks’ functionality. The support of the SNMP protocol has become a commonplace demand for routers, switches, servers, workstations, printers, modem racks, and other communication hardware.
The Trivium Solutions experts have a thorough knowledge of the SNMP protocol standard. This allows us to integrate an SNMP agent with any software running on managed devices.
We can implement an SNMP agent as a separate process, or a part of an existing one, to provide reliable communication via the SNMP protocol. As each specific network runs to specific tasks, the SNMP agent customization ensures proper functioning of every network device.
Our expertise with the SNMP includes:
• implementation of custom SNMP agents for various network devices and platforms, including Windows, Linux, vxWorks, and Nulceus
• customization of a NET-SNMP library
• implementation of all of the SNMP security models (v1, v2c, v3)
• traps, tables, scalars, read-only, read-write, read-create objects
• integration of the SNMP agent with managed device code processes, system core, or a proprietary middleware layer